We are hiring!
We are seeking a Branch Manager to join our team!
Point Global Logistics is a global, independent freight forwarder and logistics provider with branch offices in Asheville, Houston, Charlotte, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Dominican Republic and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and an extensive network of 85 partners throughout 38 countries around the world. Founded in 2014, we deliver transportation solutions to our clients by matching our expertise with personal attention to every detail in the supply chain.
Due to our fast growth in 2021, we are expanding into multiple new markets, including but not limited to Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, Seattle, Los Angeles and Dallas.
We are seeking Branch Managers to set up Point Global in one or more of these markets. This is an incredibly unique opportunity to establish a presence in a rapidly growing business. This person will be responsible for hiring, training and developing a talented team along with working closely with the founder of the organization to develop a growth strategy with a potential for role expansion in the future. An entrepreneurial mindset is a must.
What needs to be done:
- Partake in the establishment of an overall strategy for the Branch
- Establishment of hands-on approach to developing current and new business opportunities
- Establishment and oversight of operating procedures including but not limited to rate quotes and proposals, independent procedures for air, ocean and land transportation etc.
- Represent the market internally to other PGL stakeholders including weaving local strategy into the Global program
- Provide monthly reporting, including file closings and budgeting
Who you are:
- Self-starter with deep experience in freight forwarding, understanding industry terminology and management of client and vendor relationships
- Internally known for their “Servant Leader” attitude when developing teams – ideally management experience of 7+ representatives
- Externally known for their superior client partnering – an excellent Brand Ambassador
- Heavy focus on team development; always looking for the next person who can take on more responsibility
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the changing market and how to utilize technology to optimize business opportunities
- 10+ years of logistics experience, 3-5 years at a managerial level
- Track record and history of setting and exceeding departmental sales goals
- Proven take charge performer who is successful at multi-tasking
- Superior negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent ability in personal interaction
- Ability to follow through with tasks to their completion
- Very organized and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience
What we offer:
- Attractive compensation package
- An opportunity to truly own and build a market with the backing of a global brand
- Advancement Potential
Apply via email to email@example.com